Deutsch Mexikaner Lager HBL 5 Gal Extract With Grain Homebrew Recipe Kit
Germans began immigrating to Mexico hundreds of years ago. If there’s one thing Germans always bring with them, it’s their love of beer and their brewing tradition. The Vienna lager style is alive and well in Mexico through commercial breweries steeped in German tradition.
- 5 - 1 lb CBW Pilsen Light DME
- 12 oz Caramel Munich Malt 60L
- 8 oz Briess Insta Grains Yellow Corn Flakes
- 8 oz Goldpils Vienna Malt
- Note: All grain will be milled and packed in one bag
- 1 - 1 oz Tettnang Hops
- 1 - 1 oz Hallertau Hops
- 2 - Grain Steeping Bags
Yeast, Bottle Caps, Yeast Nutrient, and Priming Sugar NOT Included
HomeBrew4Less Homebrewing ingredient kits are built to order, please allow extra order processing time.
Note: You may have extra ingredients then you need to make this homebrew recipe due to standard packaging sizes, feel free to use them in another brewing recipe or boost the specs of this one.
You will need standard homebrewing equipment, bottles, etc - this kit is homebrew recipe ingredients only.
You may also need a scale to measure some of the ingredients (they are not pre-measured)
Deutsch Mexikaner Lager
Style: Vienna / Oktoberfest / Marzen
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
|3 lbs||CBW Pilsen Light DME||60 min boil|
|2 lbs||CBW Pilsen Light DME||0 min boil|
|0.75 lb||Caramel Munich Malt 60L||Steeping Grain|
|0.5 lb||Briess Insta Grains® Yellow Corn Flakes||Steeping Grain|
|0.5 lb||Goldpils® Vienna Malt||Steeping Grain|
|1 oz||Tettnang Hops (4.5% AAU)||60 min boil|
|1 oz||Hallertau Hops (4.5% AAU)||5 min boil|
|2 packs||WLP940 Mexican Lager Yeast||Fermenter |
NOT Included in kit
|1 capsule||Servomyces Yeast Nutrient||10 min boil |
NOT Included in kit
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 154ºF and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, and stir in 3 lbs CBW® Pilsen Light DME.
- Bring water to a boil, add 1 oz of Tettnang hops.
- After 50 minutes, add yeast nutrient.
- After 5 minutes, add 1 oz of Hallertau hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 5 minutes, and turn heat off.
- Stir to dissolve 2 lbs Briess CBW® Pilsen Light DME
- Cool beer to 70ºF. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch 2 packs of White Labs WLP940 Mexican Lager yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 50ºF - 55ºF
Secondary Fermentation: 4 weeks at 50ºF - 55ºF.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet WLP940 yeast for 3-4 weeks at 50ºF - 55ºF.
Original Gravity: 1.052
Final Gravity: 1.013
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 5.1%