With an easy to read dial that ranges from 0-220F (-20-100C), this is a great economical dairy thermometer for making cheese at home.
DETAILS: 1-1/2" Dial Head Pocket Thermometer, S/S stem with storage sleeve.
TO CLEAN: Wash stem only in hot, soapy water after use and sanitize well before use.
HOW-TO RECALIBRATE: Since the cheese making process happens at temperatures similar to our healthy body temperatures, a good quality medical thermometer can be used to calibrate your new thermometer, since they tend to be extremely accurate for this short range.
- Run some warm water to between 88-98F into a container deep enough to immerse both thermometers and place thermometers in the water.
- Read both thermometers once they have stabilized.
- If your new thermometer is not reading at the same temp as the medical thermometer, locate the nut found under the dial head.
- Using a wrench, turn the nut clockwise or counterclockwise as needed until the needle on reads the same temperature as the medical thermometer.
- Your good to go!!! Repeat this procedure every 2 months or as needed.