The 3 gal - 11.3 L Fast Ferment is an affordable conical fermenter that allows a brewer or winemaker to collect sediment in the included collection ball for easy removal. Easy to use and more affordable than stainless steel conicals.
- No racking and no transferring - 80 percent less work
- Harvest and re-use yeast with mason jar attachment
- Guaranteed consistent batches with less exposure to air
- Perfect for 1 - 2 gallon batches or splitting a 5 gallon batch into 2, 2.5 gallon batches
- Stand and all necessary hardware included
The 3 gal - 11.3 L FastFerment System is a one-stage fermenter, which allows brewers & winemakers to do primary & secondary fermentation in the same unit. FastFerment eliminates racking & transferring between buckets & carboys. This saves approximately 80% of the time & labor needed to make a batch of beer or wine compared to traditional methods. With less equipment, clean up is easy.
During fermentation the bottom valve is left open so that sediment will fall into the collection ball. After fermentation is over the valve is shut and the collection ball can be removed without introducing oxygen into the fermenter. Typically with most small conical fermenters if you let trub dump out the bottom air has to come into to replace that volume. After dumping sediment or trub the collection ball can be reattached and the valve opened again to allow clean yeast to settle into the ball. That yeast can then be used to ferment your next batch of beer.
If you are a brewer who likes to do a primary and secondary fermenter having a conical that allows you to avoid that transfer is going to save time and reduce oxidation. Made from HDPE plastic care should be taken when cleaning. Only use a chemical cleaner like PBW and do not use an abrasive cleaning pad that could scratch the interior.
FastFerment is a professional system for the average Homebrewer & Winemaker. The conical design limits exposure to oxygen & allows for yeast harvesting. The end result is consistent high quality batches of beer & wine.
Benefits Over Traditional Conicals
The downfall of other conical fermenters is that you have to ferment the product with the valve closed and then the sediment accumulates above the valve. When the fermentation is complete you have to open the valve and flush the sediment out the bottom. This results in two main issues:
- You need to time the flushing of the sediment perfectly to ensure minimal loss of product.
- As the sediment is flushed out, there will always be yeast and the sediment hazes that float up into the product remaining in the unit.
Why Use FastFerment?
- Guaranteed Consistent Batches
- Primary & Secondary Fermentation in the Same Container
- No Transfers & No Racking - 80% Less Work
- Better Quality Product with No Sediment Contamination
- Increased Sanitation with Less Contamination
- Less Oxygen Exposure
- Ability to Harvest Yeast & Save for Reuse
Features and Benefits
- Easy Cleaning and Batch Stirring - 6" (15cm) removable screw top
- Total Capacity 3 US Gallons/ 11.3 Litres
- Made for 1 - 2 Gallon batches with blow offs - Perfect for Splitting 5G Batches
- Mason Jar Attachment for Yeast Harvesting - Save $100's & harvest your Yeast Strains!
- 3G HDPE Conical Vessel
- Union Valve - 3/4" (1.9cm) with coupling
- Hose Barb - 3/8" (0.95cm)
- Mason Jar - 4 oz. (0.12l)
- Mason Jar Adaptor
- Mason Jar Adaptor Gasket
- 5mm Metal Stand
- 3-Piece Airlock
- 240" - Teak Tape
- 1' - 3/8" (0.95cm) Hosing
- White Hose Clamp - 3/8" (0.95cm)
- 6" Screw Top Lid
- Hollow Gasket for 6" Screw Top
- Instructional Manual
- Made with HDPE: Food Grade
- Heights in the Stand:
- To top of Airlock: 26", (66cm)
- To top of Lid: 23", (58.4cm)
- Body Width: 10.6", (26.9cm)
- In the Stand: 11", (28cm)
- 6" (15cm) Removable Screw Top Lid
- 3 US Gallons/ 11.3 Litres
- 3/4" (1.9cm) Teflon Seated Union Valve
- 3/8" (0.95cm) - 1' (30.5cm) Hose