Fermentis Safcider, selected from the Champagne region, can be used for all types of ciders, even under difficult fermentation conditions. This cider yeast works at a wide temperature range between 10-30°C (50-86°F) with ideal temperatures between 18-24°C (64-75°F). Works at low pH from 3.3. Low nitrogen requirements: from 150ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen. Maximum SO2 level : 70mg/L. Very good assimilation of fructose. Highly flocculant.
Selected in the champagne region this fructophilic strain is perfectly suited for all cider type productions even under difficult fermentation conditions.
- Excellent settlement strength
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10 - 30°C
- Works at low pH: from 3.3
- Low nitrogen requirements: from 150ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen
- Very good assimilation of fructose
- Yield sugar/ alcohol: 16.3 g/L for 1% alc./vol.
- Maximum SO2 level : 70mg/L
- Turbidity level:Minimum 50 NTU
- 20 to 30 g/hl for first fermentation, at least 1 day after SO2 addition
- 30 to 40 g/hl for prise de mousse
The SafCider spec sheet is available for download here