6 or 7 Gallon heavy, plastic wide mouth PET carboy ideal for secondary fermentations of wine or beer. The material is completely taste and odor free, stain resistant, and impermeable to oxygen. Smooth inner walls prevent sediment from collecting and make for easy cleaning. The mouth fits a No. 10 rubber stopper.
Available 6 or 7 Gallon, with or without preinstalled spigot
The large lid allows for easy filling and makes hop or oak additions a breeze. The smooth sides are fantastic for sanitization - no ribs or texture to collect yeast or bacteria. The large 7 gallon size was designed to provide ample space for fermentation and you'll find the molded in volume markers super handy for accurate filling. The punted bottom allows sediment to collect to the sides so that you can siphon liquid from the center. Because they are made from vigin PET plastic they nearly unbreakable and a lot safer than similar glass carboys. Also notice the conical top which reduces surface area if you plan to store beer or wine long term.
These are the ideal carboys for passionate beer and winemakers.
- Uses a #10 stopper
- Comes with an O-ring and an air tight lid with a hole for the #10 stopper (Solid lid also available but sold separately)
- Vintage Shop Carboys do not use any plasticizer and are made with 100% Virgin material. Made with Food grade materials and BPA free.
- Ideal for secondary fermentations of both wine and beer.
- Also perfect for bulk aging wine.
- Completely taste and odour-free. It is also stain resistant.
- There are no ribs on the sides to collect yeast or sediment.
- Therefore it is very easy to clean, inside and out.
- Impermeable to oxygen.
- Safe to reuse over and over, if properly sanitized before and after each use.
- Takes a # 10 stopper.
- Made in Canada.
We do not recommend to lift the carboy from the side when it is full. To lift it, place one hand on the bottom and the other on the neck.
Made from heavy PET plastic, the same material used in 2 L soda bottles, which is nearly impermeable to oxygen penetration. Due to the thicknes of the material and the overall geometry the Fermonster does not require ribs or dimples for stability. That results in a super smooth interior surface that reduces yeast and sediment buildup making it the easiest to clean and the most sanitary PET carboy on the market. The huge 4" opening makes filling a breeze, and cleanup is as easy as wiping down the inside. The 7 gallon volume is a monster of a fermenter, reducing blowoff issues seen with standard 5 and 6 gallon carboys. Fermonsters are easily moved by hand or consider using our Carboy Carrier for even greater ease of use.
These fermentors are completely air-tight and the lids sealed tight with an O-Ring.
Additional O-Rings and Lids both with and without holes are available for purchase.
Do not fill or clean with liquids hotter than 127 °F (53 °C).