Frostbite White IPA HBL 5 Gal Extract With Grain Homebrew Recipe Kit
A winter seasonal style that emerged from IPA, the most popular craft beer style in the US. It uses a combination that takes the grain bill of Belgian Witbier, but utilizes American hops. The wheat base stands up well against the citrus hops.
- 3 - 1 lb CBW Pilsen Light DME
- 3 - 1 lb CBW Bavarian Wheat DME
- 1 lb White Wheat Malt
- 1 lb Oat Flakes
- 8 oz Caramel Vienne Malt 20L
- Note: All grain will be milled and packed in one bag
- 1 - 1 oz Simcoe Hops
- 5 - 1 oz Citra Hops
- 2 - Grain Steeping Bags
Yeast, Bottle Caps, Yeast Nutrient, and Priming Sugar NOT Included
HomeBrew4Less Homebrewing ingredient kits are built to order, please allow extra order processing time.
Note: You may have extra ingredients then you need to make this homebrew recipe due to standard packaging sizes, feel free to use them in another brewing recipe or boost the specs of this one.
You will need standard homebrewing equipment, bottles, etc - this kit is homebrew recipe ingredients only.
You may also need a scale to measure some of the ingredients (they are not pre-measured)
Frostbite White IPA
Style: India Pale Ale
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
|3 lbs||CBW Pilsen Light DME||60 min boil|
|3 lbs||CBW Bavarian Wheat DME||0 min boil|
|1 lb||Wheat Malt, White||Steeping Grain|
|0.5 lb||Oat Flakes||Steeping Grain|
|0.5 lb||Caramel Vienne Malt 20L||Steeping Grain|
|1 oz||Simcoe Hops (13% AAU)||60 min boil|
|1 oz||Citra (12% AAU)||10 min boil|
|2 oz||Citra (12% AAU)||5 min boil|
|2 oz||Citra (12% AAU)||0 min boil|
|2 packs||WLP051 California Ale V Yeast |
or 1272 American Ale II
or A15 Independence
NOT Included in kit
|1 capsule||Servomyces Yeast Nutrient||10 min boil |
NOT Included in kit
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 154ºF and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, and stir in 3 lbs CBW® Pilsen Light DME.
- Bring water to a boil, add 1 oz of Simcoe hops.
- After 50 minutes, add 1 oz of Citra hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 5 more minutes and add 2 oz Citra hops.
- Turn heat off and add 2 oz Citra hops.
- Stir to dissolve 3 lbs Briess CBW® Bavarian Wheat Dry Malt Extract.
- Cool beer to 70ºF. Transfer to fermenter, Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch two packs of White Labs WLP051 California V yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 1 week at 66ºF - 70ºF
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 66ºF - 70ºF.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet WLP051 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.061
Final Gravity: 1.015
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 6%