Grain Hoarder Porter HBL 5 Gal Extract With Grain Homebrew Recipe Kit
Robust porter is a beautifully broad style, allowing numerous types of malt, yeast and hops. The interpretation below focuses on English varieties of hops and yeast, creating a wonderful traditional representation utilizing 5 pounds of 5 varieties of malt, hence the name.
- 1 - 3.3 lb CBW Porter LME
- 1 - 3.3 lb CBW Golden Light LME
- 1.5 lb Brewers Malt
- 1 lb Victory Malt
- 1 lb Caramel Malt 80L
- 1 lb Carapils Malt
- 8 oz Dark Chocolate Malt
- Note: All grain will be milled and packed in one bag
- 2 - 1 oz First Gold Hops
- 5 - Grain Steeping Bags
Yeast, Bottle Caps, Yeast Nutrient, and Priming Sugar NOT Included
HomeBrew4Less Homebrewing ingredient kits are built to order, please allow extra order processing time.
Note: You may have extra ingredients then you need to make this homebrew recipe due to standard packaging sizes, feel free to use them in another brewing recipe or boost the specs of this one.
You will need standard homebrewing equipment, bottles, etc - this kit is homebrew recipe ingredients only.
You may also need a scale to measure some of the ingredients (they are not pre-measured)
Grain Hoarder Porter
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
|3.3 Lbs||CBW Porter LME||60 min boil|
|3.3 Lbs||CBW Golden Light LME||0 min boil|
|1.5 Lbs||Brewers Malt||Steeping Grain|
|1 Lb||Victory Malt||Steeping Grain|
|1 Lb||Caramel Malt 80L||Steeping Grain|
|1 Lb||Carapils Malt||Steeping Grain|
|0.5 Lb||Dark Chocolate Malt||Steeping Grain|
|1 oz||First Gold Hops (7.5% AAU)||60 min boil|
|1 oz||First Gold Hops (7.5% AAU)||10 min boil|
|2 Packs||WLP017 Whitbread Ale Yeast||Fermenter |
NOT Included in kit
|1 capsule||Servomyces Yeast Nutrient||10 min boil |
NOT Included in kit
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 154ºF and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, and stir in 3.3 lbs CBW® Porter LME.
- Bring water to a boil, add 1 oz of First Gold hops.
- After 50 minutes, add 1 oz of First Gold hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 minutes, and turn heat off.
- Stir to dissolve 3.3 lbs Briess CBW® Golden Light LME.
- Cool beer to 70ºF. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch two packs of White Labs WLP017 Whitbread Ale yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 1 week at 66ºF - 70ºF
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 66ºF - 70ºF.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet WLP017 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.065
Final Gravity: 1.016
Alcohol by Weight: 6.4%
Alcohol by Volume: