An emerging giant of a beer style, also known regionally as “Black IPA” or “Cascadian Dark Ale”, this beer is redolent of citrus/floral hop aroma and flavor, has moderate body and alcohol, and a faint roasted but not charred flavor. Malt flavor and sweetness is low and the beer finishes dry and crisp.
Think you can’t brew something as sophisticated as an India Black Ale? Pick up this Brewcraft home brewing kit and then think again!
This homebrew ingredient kit has everything you need to create an exotic India Black Ale. Hops, grains, grain straining bags…everything.
The fine folks at Brewcraft have even included a handy instruction sheet that will help ensure a successful brew regardless of your skill or experience level.
If you’ve ever wanted to try your hand at home brewing, this Brewcraft home brewing kit is for you. Order yours now!
- Kit includes everything you need to brew an India Black Ale
- Also known as a Black IPA or Cascadian Dark Ale
- Moderate body and alcohol with a roasty (not charred) flavor
- Ideal Fermentation Temperature: 68F
- OG: 1.067
- FG: 1.012
- IBUs: 48
- ABV: 7.3%
- Color: 28 SRM
- Yield: 5 Gallons
- (6) Lbs. Briess CBW Brewer’s Gold Dry Malt Extract
- (1) Lb. Corn Sugar
- 1/2 Lb. Caramel Vienna Malt 20L
- 1/2 Lb. Crystal Malt 40L
- 1/2 Lb. Black Patent Malt 600L
- 1/2 Oz. Columbus Bittering Hops
- 1/2 Oz. Columbus Flavor Hops
- (1) Oz. Cascade Flavor Hops
- (1) Oz. Chinook Aroma Hops
- (1) Packet Safale US-05 Yeast
- (1) Packet Priming Sugar
- (50) Bottle Caps
- (4) Hops Steeping Bags
- (1) Grain Straining Bag
- (1) Instruction Sheet for Brewing and Bottling