Brown Porter TrueBrew™ Ingredient Kit
Rich, roasty, and complex in flavor, it's no wonder porters like this were favorites of working class England beginning in the 18th century. Paying homage to its origins by using premium English ingredients throughout, from specialty grains to hops and yeast, this beer is not only rich in flavor but also in history.
This porter is lusciously dark with a beige foamy head and notes of chocolate and coffee, backed by earthy hops. A perfect beer to warm your bones when the temperature falls, to soothe aches after a long day, or to pair with a hearty meal.
- 6.6 lb of Amber Liquid Malt Extract
- 8 oz of Crisp Chocolate Malt
- 4 oz of Crisp Crystal 77L Malt
- 4 oz of Crisp Roasted Barley
- 2 oz of East Kent Golding Hop Pellets for Bittering
- 11.5 g of Fermentis US-05 Ale Yeast
- 5 oz of Priming Sugar
- 55 Bottle Caps
- 1 Muslin Bag
- Instructions (Preview)
|Yield||Ready Time||Difficulty||OG||FG||Final ABV||Bitterness||Color|
|5 gal||2-4 Weeks||Easy||1.050||1.012||5% ABV||19-29 IBU||Dark Brown|