HBL Czech It Out Amber Lager 5 Gal Extract With Grain Recipe Kit
Sorry, this item is out of stock - Click Add to Wishlist
- 5 - 1 lbs Briess CBW® Pilsen Light DME
- 2.5 lb Briess Carapils Copper Malt
- Note: All grain will be milled and packed in one bag
- 2 - 1 oz Czech Saaz Hops
- 2 - Grain Steeping Bags
Yeast, Bottle Caps, Yeast Nutrient, and Priming Sugar NOT Included
HomeBrew4Less Homebrewing ingredient kits are built to order, please allow extra order processing time.
Note: You may have extra ingredients then you need to make this homebrew recipe due to standard packaging sizes, feel free to use them in another brewing recipe or boost the specs of this one.
You will need standard homebrewing equipment, bottles, etc - this kit is homebrew recipe ingredients only.
You may also need a scale to measure some of the ingredients (they are not pre-measured)
Czech It Out Amber Lager
Amber lagers are a style brewed and enjoyed around the world, leading to their widespread regional interpretation. This Czech-style amber lager may not be as popular as pilsners, but it is an excellent beer.
Style: Light Lagers / Pilsners
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
|3 lbs||Briess CBW® Pilsen Light Dry Malt Extract||60 min boil|
|2.5 lbs||Briess Carapils® Copper Malt||Steeping grain|
|1 oz||Czech Saaz Hops (5.0% AAU)||60 min boil|
|1 oz||Czech Saaz Hops (5.0% AAU)||20 min boil|
|2 lbs||Briess CBW® Pilsen Light Dry Malt Extract||0 min boil|
|2 packs||WLP800 Pilsner Lager Yeast|
or 2001 Pilsner Urquell H-Strain
NOT Included in kit
|1 capsule||Servomyces Yeast Nutrient||10 min boil|
NOT Included in kit
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 152°F and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains and stir in 3lbs of CBW® Pilsen Light DME.
- Bring water to a boil and add 1oz of Czech Saaz hops.
- After 40 minutes, add 1oz of Czech Saaz hops.
- Boil 10 more minutes and add yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 additional minutes and turn heat off.
- Stir in 2lbs of CBW® Pilsen Light DME until dissolved.
- Cool beer to 55°F. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch two packs of White Labs WLP800 Pilsner Lager yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 50°F – 55°F.
Secondary Fermentation: 4 weeks at 50°F – 55°F.
Fermentation Notes: 24 hours before bottling, bring beer to 56°F to finish. Force carbonate or bottle condition at 55°F with¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet of WLP800 Pilsner Lager Yeast for 4-5 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.053
Final Gravity: 1.013
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%
Tags: Beer Ingredient Kits | Czech Pale Lager 03A | Extract with grain | Lager | Light Lagers / Pilsners | Recipe Kit |