FastFerment Jacket - Insulated Jacket
Fermentation Jacket for FastFerment. Control your fermentation temperature with the Fermentation Jacket for the FastFerment.
The FastFerment Insulated Jacket allows you to create the ideal temperature for your Brewing & WineMaking in FastFerment.
It works with the Wall Mounts*** & with the Stand. In hot climates, add 2L bottles of ice to cool it down, switching them out every 2-5 days. In cool climates, simply add a heating pad.
***FastFerments produced before August of 2015 contain brackets that are not strong enough to hold the additional weight of the insulated jacket and necessary ice.
Details and Dimensions
- Sturdy nylon exterior
- Waterproof thermo plastic inside
- Dimensions: 20.5" diameter, 34" tall
How Does The Insulated Jacket Work?
The Insulated Jacket works great up to a 30 degrees F drop below room temperature!
It is easy to control the desired temperature by using frozen 2-liter bottles as follows:
- One frozen 1-liter bottle will result in a 2.5 degree F drop below room temperature.
- One frozen 2-liter bottle will result in a 5 degree F drop over below temperature.
- Two frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 10 degree F drop below room temperature.
- Three frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 15 degree F drop below room temperature. This method is scalable all the way up to around a 30 degree F drop below room temperature! A frozen 2-liter bottle typically does not thaw completely in 24 hours so it is easy to maintain a constant temperature drop.