HBL Malt Monster Doppelbock 5 Gal Extract With Grain Recipe Kit
Sorry, this item is out of stock - Click Add to Wishlist
- 2 - 3.3 lb CBW Munich LME
- 4 - 1 lb CBW Sparkling Amber DME
- 1 lb Bonlander Munich Malt
- 8 oz Caramel Munich Malt 60L
- Note: All grain will be milled and packed in one bag
- 2 - 1 oz Tettnang Hops
- 1 - Grain Steeping Bag
Yeast, Bottle Caps, Yeast Nutrient, and Priming Sugar NOT Included
HomeBrew4Less Homebrewing ingredient kits are built to order, please allow extra order processing time.
Note: You may have extra ingredients then you need to make this homebrew recipe due to standard packaging sizes, feel free to use them in another brewing recipe or boost the specs of this one.
You will need standard homebrewing equipment, bottles, etc - this kit is homebrew recipe ingredients only.
You may also need a scale to measure some of the ingredients (they are not pre-measured)
Malt Monster Doppelbock
This "liquid bread" was originally conceived by monks in Germany as sustenance throughout the day. It's not hard to see why it soon became popular nationwide. Now, strong beer drinkers around the world appreciate the smooth, rich, malt flavor of Doppelbocks. Be patient with this recipe and you'll be rewarded!
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
|6.6 lbs||CBW Munich LME||60 min boil|
|4 lbs||CBW Sparkling Amber DME||0 min boil|
|1 lb||Bonlander Munich Malt||Steeping grain|
|0.5 lb||Caramel Munich Malt 60L||Steeping grain|
|1 oz||Tettnang Hops (4.5% AAU)||60 min boil|
|1 oz||Tettnang Hops (4.5% AAU)||20 min boil|
|3 packs|| WLP885 Zurich Lager Yeast|
or Saflager S-189
NOT Included in kit
|1 capsule||Servomyces Yeast Nutrient||10 min boil|
NOT Included in kit
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 152°F and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains and stir in 6.6 lbs of CBW® Munich LME.
- Bring water to a boil and add 1 oz of Tettnang hops.
- After 40 minutes, add 1 oz of Tettnang hops/
- Boil 10 minutes and add yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 additional minutes and turn heat off.
- Stir in 4 lbs of CBW® Sparkling Amber DME.
- Cool beer to 55°F. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch 3 packets of White Labs WLP885 Zurich Lager Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 4 weeks at 53°F-55°F.
Secondary Fermentation: 4 weeks at 50°F-53°F.
Fermentation Notes: 24 hours before bottling, bring beer to 56°F to finish. Force carbonate or bottle condition with 3/4 cup dissolved priming sugar and 1/4 packet of WLP885 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.089
Final Gravity: 1.019
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 9.4%