Irish Red Ale TrueBrew™ Ingredient Kit
This style has its roots in early 1700s Ireland. It came to America and was popularized in the 1990s as 'Irish Red Ale'. It has since become a mainstay in bars, brewpubs, and basements everywhere, and continues to be one of the most popular go-to beers.
Deep copper-red in color, this Irish Ale is smooth, rich and malty - as proper Irish Reds should be. Just a kiss of hops let the malt shine through in this medium-bodied beer. Oh, Danny Boy! This beer, this beer is calling. Sláinte!
- 6.6 lb of Light Liquid Malt Extract
- 8 oz of Crisp Crystal 60L Malt
- 2 oz of Crisp Roasted Barley
- 1 oz of Northern Brewer Hop Pellets for Bittering
- 1 oz of East Kent Golding Hop Pellets for Aroma
- 11.5 g of Fermentis S-04 Ale Yeast
- 5 oz of Priming Sugar
- 55 Bottle Caps
- 1 Muslin Bag
- Instructions (Preview)
|Yield||Ready Time||Difficulty||OG||FG||Final ABV||Bitterness||Color|
|5 gal||2-4 Weeks||Easy||1.050||1.012||5% ABV||18-28 IBU||Red|
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.