Oxygen Flow Regulator
The CGA 540 connection allows you to use commercial welding tanks that will oxygenate hundreds of batches of beer!
Dial in your dissolved oxygen for your wort perfectly with this oxygen regulator from Blichmann Engineering! Dissolved oxygen (DO) levels in your wort are very important for yeast health during the beginning of fermentation. Too little DO can inhibit yeast growth and health, creating off-flavors and producing a yeast culture that cannot fully ferment and attenuate your beer. Too much DO and your yeast might go crazy producing solventlike fusel alcohols. Blichmann Engineering has created this oxygen regulator to fit on oxygen tanks with a CGA 540 connection and perfectly regulate your oxygen output!
The settings on this are in liters per minute (LPM), with individual settings of 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.5, 2, 4, and 7 LPM. Generally speaking, with most O2 stones an output of 1 LPM for 1 to 2 minutes will allow you to get the perfect target DO saturation of 8 to 10 parts per million for a 5.5 gallon batch. However, as every setup and situation is different, Blichmann has included thorough instructions in their documentation and on their website for perfectly oxygenated wort every time! Make better beer with a Blichmann oxygen flow regulator!
- The Blichmann Engineering Oxygen Flow Regulator helps you dial in the exact liters per minute of oxygen needed to achieve 8-10 ppm of dissolved oxygen in your wort
- Achieving 8-10 ppm of dissolved oxygen in your wort prior to fermentation is vital to achieve your best tasting beer
- Knowing the flow is important - other regulators simply regulate pressure and depending on your downstream restriction the actual flow can vary widely
- The Oxygen Flow Regulator allows you to achieve proper DO levels with wand type and in-line type oxygenation systems so you can be confident you're achieving your DO levels
- Tank connection CGA 540 with an oxygen outlet connection 1/4" male flare
- Get the perfect dissolved oxygen levels in your beer every time!
- Comes with a 1/4 in. male flare fitting for easy oxygenation line hook-up.
- Works with standard oxygen tanks(CGA 540 connection).
- Has a range of different flow rates in liters per minute to precisely dial in your oxygenation rates!
- Regulator Settings: 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.5, 2, 4, 7 Liters Per Minute. Perfect for home size batches to small commercial use.
- Connection Type: Tank connection CGA 540, oxygen outlet connection 1/4 in male flare
- Batches Per Tank: 200+
|System Type||Liters/min O2||Time (min)||Gal or flow|
|10 micron ANVIL wand||1||1.5||5.5 gal|
|10 micron ANVIL wand||1||2||5.5 gal|
|0.5 micron wand||1||1||11 gal|
|0.5 micron wand||1||1.5||11 gal|
|Blichmann Engineering In-line Oxygenator 10 micron||0.5||-||1 GPM|
|Blichmann Engineering In-line Oxygenator 10 micron||0.75||-||2 GPM|
Tags: Aeration | In-Line Oxygenation Kit | O2 Regulators | Oxygenation |