Inspired by brewers back in the 1800's to win over the Russian Czar, this is the king of stouts, boasting high alcohol by volumes and plenty of malt character. This beer contains low to moderate levels of carbonation with highly pronounced roasted, chocolate and burnt malt flavors. Often dry. Suggestions of dark fruit and flavors of higher alcohols are quite evident.
With this Brewcraft home brewing kit, you’ve got everything you need to brew something strong, dark, and utterly delicious.
Inside this kit, Brewcraft has included every ingredient you need to create a smooth, creamy Russian Imperial Stout. We’re talking hops, grains, and everything else…all in one convenient package.
Of course, there’s also an easy-to-follow instruction sheet that will successfully guide brewers of all experience levels from step one to step drinking your beer.
- Kit has everything you need to brew a Russian Imperial Stout
- Malty, high-alcohol dark brew
- Perfect brew for cellaring
- Ideal Fermentation Temperature: 68F
- OG: 1.095
- FG: 1.024
- IBUs: 60
- ABV: 9.3%
- Color: 38 SRM
- Yield: 5 Gallons
- (1) Package (3 lbs.) Briess CBW Traditional Dark Dry Malt Extract
- (1) Package (4 lbs.) Briess CBW Amber Dry Malt Extract
- (1) Package (2 lbs.) Brewers Crystals
- (1) Package (1 lb.) Extra Dark Belgian Candi Syrup
- 1/2 Lb. of Roasted Barley
- 1/4 Lb. of Crystal Malt 150L
- 1/4 Lb. of Crystal Malt 75L
- (1) Oz. US Magnum Bittering Hops
- (1) Oz. Cascade Flavor Hops
- (2) Packets of Danstar Nottingham Yeast
- (50) Bottle Caps
- (1) Package of Priming Sugar
- (2) Hops Steeping Bags
- (1) Grain Straining Bag
- (1) Instruction Sheet for Brewing and Bottling