Texas Smokin Blonde HBL 5 Gal Extract With Grain Homebrew Recipe Kit
Big blonde bouffants and mesquite smoked barbeque. We must be talkin' Texas! This blonde ale captures both in a truly tasty way. A blonde is a perfect back drop to showcase Briess' Mesquite Smoked malt. The distinct flavor of White Labs Bedford British ale strain makes this beer as unique as Texas.
- 2 - 3.3 lb Briess CBW Golden Light LME
- 1 lb Briess Mesquite Smoked Malt
- 8 oz Briess Red Wheat Malt
- Note: All grain will be milled and packed in one bag
- 1 - 1 oz Liberty Hops
- 1 - 1 oz Willamette Hops
- 1 - Grain Steeping Bag
Yeast, Bottle Caps, Yeast Nutrient, and Priming Sugar NOT Included
HomeBrew4Less Homebrewing ingredient kits are built to order, please allow extra order processing time.
Note: You may have extra ingredients then you need to make this homebrew recipe due to standard packaging sizes, feel free to use them in another brewing recipe or boost the specs of this one.
You will need standard homebrewing equipment, bottles, etc - this kit is homebrew recipe ingredients only.
You may also need a scale to measure some of the ingredients (they are not pre-measured)
Style: Cream Ale
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
|6.6 lbs||CBW Golden Light LME||60 min boil|
|1 lb||Smoked Malt, Mesquite||Steeping grain|
|0.5 lb||Wheat Malt, Red||Steeping grain|
|1 oz||Liberty Hops (4.0% AAU)||60 min boil|
|1 oz||Willamette Hops (5.0% AAU)||10 min boil|
|1 pack||WWLP006 Bedford British Yeast |
or 1099 Whitbread Ale
or Safale S-33
NOT Included in kit
|1 capsule||Servomyces Yeast Nutrient||10 min boil |
NOT Included in kit
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 152°F and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains and stir in 6.6 lb of CBW® Golden Light LME.
- Bring water to a boil and add 1 oz of Liberty hops.
- After 50 minutes, add 1 oz Willamette hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 more minutes and turn heat off.
- Cool beer to 70°F. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch a pack of White Labs WLP006 Bedford British Ale Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 1 week 67°F-70°F.
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 65°F-67°F.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with 3/4 cup dissolved priming sugar and 1/4 packet of WLP006 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.051
Final Gravity: 1.013
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 5.0%